Monday, February 4

monday

This week starts with the memory of a beautiful weekend at the coast.  Still I see in my mind the sun glistening off wet sand and feel heat's radiance thru my jacket...while strolling for shell bits and pieces and unforgettable stones.  Found a few...secured in a sandy pocket.  Still out of the norm from an illness I am in no hurry to anywhere.  A bit of wind.  Seagulls. Sigh.



It's a cold Monday morning.  Sometimes it's hard to awaken to a new week.  I've got kids to keep me motivated and a husband that rely's on me.  Friends that may send a call.  And a belated family Christmas to prep for over the coming weekend.  No time to feel sorrowful or overly thoughtful.  But I can hold these memories close.

Started an online Bible study this week.  Never had this experience before.  So far?  good!  I already see how the discussion blog will be enjoyable and helpful.  The subject hits home.  "Let. It. Go."  I do hold on to so much and feel I'm responsible for ever more.  Overwhelmed much of the time for sure...but undeniably glad for every opportunity! (smile) Already I've read others postings and seen my own thoughts and feelings develop in their words.  We are of kindred spirit and I'm eager to understand myself a little more.  We're learning that control is God's and God's alone.  Never need I take the helm.  Here's a little lesson learned...passed along thru the Bible Study from another source...(source can be stated if anyone is interested).  It's a simple version of theology. 

Dog Theology vs Cat Theology

Dog sees his master come home, jumps up eagerly and says, "I saw you coming home and I became so excited with thoughts of you. You do so much for me.  You feed me.  You walk me.  You care for me and give me bones and treats.  I am so happy when I'm with you!  Wow! I know now that...you must be God!"

then...

Cat sees his master coming home.  He stretches and looks casually at him and says, "I saw you come home and it made me think of all you do for me.  You feed me.  You provide toys and warm soft places for me to sleep.  And it made me realize, I must be God!"

Had to share that.  It was so perfect for this time of thought.  I can either stay going head-long into the world or I can be eager & happy to have my God close-available-caring for me.


I can feel springtime in the air despite the colder temperature this morning.  Purchased a pot of tulips-set on my dining table and to gaze at.  Yes, it's that time of year where we can choose to be pulled down to the depths of cold depression and dark, cloudy thoughts or we can look up and see the beautiful cloud formations; stop to hear the spring-birds chirping songs, and catch the wisps of spring freshness in the air!  It's always good above all our bad.  I choose to be positively in love with my God and His awesomeness!
 

No comments: