Tuesday, July 14

Summertime in July

Gloomy and overcast but still magnificent in the fact that it's summertime. Time spent with the kids and in the great out of doors. Baseball fills every crevace of our time. My son is in the 9-10 All Star in Oregon this year. Two more teams will determine whether they go to state. So excited and proud of my young'n. Doesn't time just pull us away from reality at times thru life? You think you have the moment and time seems to stand still but the next day you're recalling that same moment a month ago. Rediculously true.

Haven't been able to camp this summer yet other than with our Pathfinder group. We'll be flying to Oshkosh Wisconsin in August for the world wide Pathfinder Camporee. This is such and awesome time to take the kids to. Being the directors of the club gives us the oportunity to see lives interact and kids experience and grow. Be a part of a youth group if at all possible; it will be life enriching for you and them.

I had started a crocheted tank sweater when in Maryland a year ago this month. Tore it out most probably 10 times. But the last time was the charm...for I have finished it finally. Done up in filet crochet using a dusty blue fingering weight sock yarn of washable wool blends. I still need to find 20 or so buttens to line down the back and tighten up one side of the bodice. It actually seems to be something I will be able to keep and wear!. I love making things but always make them in a size for my daughter or sister. They don't mind though my daughter is 13 now and her tastes are becoming more unique. Actually here's a thought for inspiration...it's not that their taste is unique but rather they don't know what their style is and they copy every think out there and jump from one idea to the next accumilating a wide variety of designs. I love that teen ability. A thought in this moment.

Made a little sweater for display only; Meant to be a tree ornament. Now am trying a sweater from a new book just purchased. The book is French Girl knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes. (Check it out. It's always nice to find a book where the majority of patterns are ones you like.) The plan is for it to fit me and be beautiful. I never find the yarn used so I use what I think will work...so nothing is ever guarenteed even when you use the stitch gauge footnotes. Don't get me wrong...the gauge sends you in the probable direction. And the probable direction is much better than the tearing out mutiple times method.

So happy knitting and dutifle crocheting and anything else you may desire to relax at. It's a wide wide world of activity out there.

No comments: