Monday, June 27

Truth Touched

   I'm inspired to share my worship thoughts from this weekend.  Lately I will sit down, open my Bible and journal and then find myself just searching my thoughts along side God; letting him dig into my heart.  But on this morning after journaling with my Bible still closed I felt compelled to ask God to lead me to any page of the Bible He wanted me to read.  Now in all honesty how much in the Bible does God not want us to read...true?  but many will agree with me that some verses are needed in specific moments more than others.  And he will never turn down a chance to teach.  I enjoyed what He took me to and want to share it with you.

Mark 5:24-34
   ...A large crowd followed and pressed around him.  And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.  She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. (...inserting my thought here - if God had allowed sooner healing by physicians there would have been no blessing as this in her heart...) When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought  "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
   At once Jesus realized that power had gone out of him He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched me?"
   "You see the people crowding against you?" his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?'"
   But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.  Then the woman knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth.  He said to her "Daughter, your faith has healed you.  Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

   You've probably read or heard this story before.  I have.  But today I learned a little deeper.  I have been pondering intercessory prayer.  Praying on others behalf.  Learning the words to pray so I can also feel God's goodness in his answers.  Ask specifically you receive specifically.  Asking specifically shows you what to look for when He answers.

                  I am so ignorant to Your amazing power and ability Lord.
                       Ignorant to what is available to me your daughter.

   Truth touched.  All we have to do is reach out and touch the hem of his garment; feel his presence; read his word;  sense him in a moment and he will respond instantly.  Only I'm pretty sure he knew her name and issues before she even walked up to him and same with us.  He's very aware of what we need help with, ready to respond as soon as we show the slightest inkling that we need his help.  We just have to make the first move.
   Intercessory prayer.  Ever given it much thought?  Forever I've ranked it right up there with evangelism, fasting and mission trips.  Meant for someone else with that kind of calling.  But it's not.  (Don't rush to conclusions.  All of the above enrich our faith and everyone can be involved whether they are called or not.  I don't want to turn anyone away from a faith building experience!)  But my point is, God is pleading with us to reach out for dear loved family members and friends so he can reach back.  Truth touched.  We have to make a move.

   I hope you hear God in this.  And not just now but that he will continue to touch your heart and lead you to dig deeper into his whole grace-filled truth.  He is amazing.

Have a joy filled day!

No comments: