Thursday, June 3

Got Me To Thinking!

I'm nearly finished with my new work space. Building and moving in for the past month. It's like I'm a little kid getting a playhouse for her birthday! My kids have even asked if they can do sleepovers in my 'dollhouse'. So totally not a doll house though. I plan to fill it with inspiration and create things till my hearts content. Isn't that why we do this?

There's a new yarn shop in Salem now. So excited to see fellow fiber enthusiasts back to give this a try in our economy. I'd start one myself if life permitted. Their name is Tangled Purls. Check them out...I'm planning on doing so myself today.

Finished a Baby Blanket and started a little Jumper. The yarn is soft but synthetic. The more I think about I plan to use natural fibers and maybe even organic if they become more available. I need to get my spinning wheel out again and make some of my own yarn. I love using Cotton Batting...it's fluffy but has little 'knots' in it which aren't entirely bad just gives a different texture and look than I'm imagining. I tend to do that - see something in my mind and am not satisfied until the product looks like it. This is OK for perfectionists but I need to be more open to new findings.

Baseball season is going strong. Too much rain and cold most the time but I still manage to use the cold as an excuse to pull my knitting out - knitting a blanket while watching a game keeps your lap warm and it's productive at the same time. Very nice. Yes I get comments but mostly from my 13 year old daughter. She thinks I'm embarrassing but I know she's watching everything I do and it gives her more confidence when I'm not afraid to be myself.


Time to get back to work!
So much I want to do and so much I need to do...you gotta pick and choose.
BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE! and what you do!
It will help others be more proud of themselves too.



No comments: