Friday, June 13

So looking forward to this!

I love to ramble and I love fiber;...how does a fiberist think? one may never know unless they are one too. And then no one individual-even with all their similarities-is ever the same. Thanks to God for our uniqueness. That's what makes us so interesting. We were created to create and be creative. Share and use nature-God's gift, charge and tool to us. Wow, what an opportunity. And here I begin.

I grew up near the beach and in the foothills of the mountains. Raw nature on every side. I loved it. Miss it now that I live the city but even here I've learned to experience green. We're seeing the economy begin to plummet these days. I recently heard in so many words that the way we built up our suburbs was with a thriving economy. To me that means we'll need to learn to live by our own hands again. Our ancestors did it, we need to now. How?! Man and animal power. Brain and bronze. Creative thinking put into action. So here's our chance to stay close and use what's handed us by the land and owners before us.

To spin and knit to me is to really live. But it's not just these but any opportunity you desire. Wood, art, metal, words, song. These all are ways to communicate and to really live. Become what God meant for you to be and help us slow the pace of our land down again. We'll take back our lives yet we will. Live real.

No comments: